What is Free Fillable Forms?
Free Fillable Forms is a free, forms-based tool that enables you to:
- Fill in your tax information online just like completing a paper return
- Prepare your Virginia resident income tax return (Form 760) and schedules
- Perform basic math calculations
- File your return online, and
- Print your tax return for recordkeeping or filing
Fillable Forms is best for taxpayers who are comfortable filling out paper forms and schedules without software help or assistance.
How is Free Fillable Forms different from tax software?
Free Fillable Forms is a simple electronic equivalent of paper forms. It provides basic math calculations and basic field error checking. It does not ask about or explain tax situations, automatic calculations, or provide extensive error checking. The program provides forms for the Virginia 760 resident state return only, while most tax software provides federal and other state returns.
Can I use Free Fillable Forms to prepare and file my federal tax return?
No. If you want to prepare and file your federal income tax return with your state return, you'll need to choose a software option that allows you to prepare them together.
Do I have to create a new account each year?
Yes. The Free Fillable Forms software tool does not retain your account information for future tax years.
How is it different from choosing a Free File tax software program?
There are no income limitations. Therefore, if you don't qualify for one of the Free File software products, you can use Free Fillable Forms to file your resident return online.
There are certain limitations that will prevent filing your return electronically, but you can still complete the return online in order to print and mail it into Virginia Tax.
What is the advantage over filling out a "pencil and paper" return?
Free Fillable Forms allows taxpayers to complete their tax forms online. It also does basic math calculations and basic field validations. Electronically filed returns are typically accepted or rejected by Virginia Tax within 24 - 48 hours. Taxpayers receive their refunds in less time, compared to pencil and paper returns.
What forms are supported by State Fillable Forms for Virginia?
The Fillable Forms program supports the 2016 Virginia resident return (Form 760) and related schedules:
- Form 760
- Schedules ADJ, CR, FED, OSC and VAC
- Forms 760C and 760F
- Payment Forms 760-PMT and 760-PFF
- Wage Statements W2, W2-G, 1099-DIV, 1099-G, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC and 1099-R
You cannot file your return electronically using Fillable Forms if you claim:
- More than 3 additions, subtractions, deductions or contributions.
- Any of the 9 credits requiring mailed documentation - See the Schedule CR instructions for details.
- A credit for taxes paid to another state on the Schedule OSC - See the Schedule OSC instructions for details.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- Windows: Pentium 4 - 3Ghz or equivalent
- Mac: PowerPC® G5 - 2GHz or faster Intel-based processor
Free Fillable Forms works best with the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Oldest supported actual version, not an emulated version:
|Internet Browser||Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox||Safari||Internet Explorer|
|Windows 8, 7 and Vista||4.x||11.x||5.x||10.x (on Windows 8)|
|Windows XP Service Pack 2||4.x||11.x||5.x||-|
|Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)||4.x||11.x||5.x||-|
|Mac OS X 10.7 (Snow Leopard)||4.x||11.x||5.x||-|
|Mac OS X 10.7 (Leopard)||4.x||11.x||-||-|
General Computer Requirements
- Email address: required
- Printing: Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® 8.0 or higher
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM
- Internet Connection: High speed Internet
- Monitor: 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Flash: Macromedia Flash 9.0 (or higher)
What should I do if my computer cannot print my return?
Check your system requirements.
- You may need to disable your pop-up blockers.
- To print or view the instructions for a return / schedule, you must uncheck the Block Popup Windows options before starting..
- You must also have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 version or higher to view the instructions / print your return.
- You can visit the Adobe Acrobat Reader website to install the free program.
- You may wish to uncheck the "Optional Offer" for another internet browser before installing Adobe.
Check your internet browser version.
- If you are using Internet Explorer version 8, you will not be able to print the return.
- Use Internet Explorer 10 (or higher) or another internet browser from the table under minimum computer requirements
Known Fillable Forms Program Issues
What is a "known program issue?"
This is an issue that Virginia Tax and the e-File vendor are working together to address. This is an issue with the Fillable Forms Program as opposed to a specific action done by customers (missing data, missing checkbox, etc.).
Using Your Fillable Forms Account
How do I create a Free Fillable Forms account?
- Enter a user ID and password to use each time you sign in to work on your tax return.
- Enter your email address to receive notifications of errors and acknowledgements of your tax return. You can track the status of it too.
Once you set up an account, you will receive a confirmation email with your user ID and a link to access the program. You can use this website link each time you access the State Fillable Forms site.
How do I change my account information?
After signing into your account, use the "Update Account Information" option located at the top right corner of the screen. From here you will be able to change the four items below. Click "Save" when finished.
- User ID
- Security question
- Your email address
Why do you need my email address?
Free Fillable Forms requires an email address for taxpayers who will need to track the status of their returns via email. After electronic filing, taxpayers will receive an acknowledgement of successful filing, and then a message containing the return status from Virginia Tax through the Free Fillable Forms provider.
Returns are either accepted or rejected. This is important information, since if the return is rejected, it means that it has not been filed. You will need to fix the issue that caused your return to reject. Either e-file again or print and file by mail.
Can I change my email?
Yes. Sign in to your account and edit your account information.
I didn't receive a confirmation email after my account was created. What should I do?
If you did not receive the confirmation email, it is possible that your spam filter is blocking the email. Check your email account for a spam folder and look for an email from email@example.com.
Each email program and spam filter differs, so please check your email account or service provider for additional help. If you still have not received the email after this step, contact Virginia Tax at 804.367.8031.
What if I forget my password, user name or security questions?
Password or User ID
- Visit the main Fillable Forms screen ("Sign in Screen").
- Click on the "Forgot Username/Password?" link.
- Answer your security question correctly.
- Receive an email containing your new User ID or Password.
If you are unable to recover your User ID or Password because you do not remember your Security Question/Answer - you must create a new account and start over with your return.
If I need a form that isn't supported, can I still use Fillable Forms to do my return?
No. See our other electronic filing options to prepare and file your return.
Can I use Fillable Forms for filing a prior-year tax return?
No. Only the current tax year resident forms are available.
Can I file using Fillable Forms if my address is in a foreign country?
Yes, you can use Fillable Forms if your address on Form 760 is in a foreign country; however, you cannot receive your refund through direct deposit or pay your tax due through direct debit if your bank account is with a foreign bank. Per federal banking regulations, Virginia Tax does not accept international ACH transactions.
How secure is my information?
Your internet session and transmission of your state return will be encrypted in a secure environment. All of the tax information entered in Fillable Forms is protected with industry-standard security or greater. When you file, the transaction is encrypted with the same technology used by banks in protecting online transactions. This means that your information is protected from any unauthorized access while it is transmitted to the Virginia Tax.
Where is my Fillable Forms data stored?
How long will my return be available in the application?
Fillable Forms for the current tax year will be available until mid-October of the current calendar year. You will be able to access your tax return through the last day you can file a tax return through the Fillable Forms program for the current tax year. After that, you won't be able to access your return through the program.
What happens if I start a return but don't come back and finish it?
Regardless of when you start your tax return, it remains accessible to you in the system through the end of the filing season. Once filing season ends, it will be removed from the Fillable Forms database. Your incomplete return will not be filed.
Are you able to delete my Fillable Forms data upon request?
No, Virginia Tax cannot delete your data. However, you have the ability to delete your data by selecting the "Start Over" option and logging out of the return. This will clear any data previously entered in your tax return.
Preparing & Filing Your Fillable Forms Return
What do I need before starting?
- A copy of your 2016 federal tax return.
- All income and tax statements you received for 2016 (Examples include W-2, W-2G, 1099-G, 1099-MISC, and 1099-R.)
- Any 2016 estimated tax payment amounts
- If using direct deposit for a refund, or if using direct debit withdrawal to pay taxes owed, have your routing number and account number for your checking or savings account ready.
How do I navigate through the program?
You will use two basic elements: buttons and tabs.
Tips for Buttons
- Back Button - Do not use the Back button on your screen. Instead, click "Done With Form" to return to the previous screen.
- Add Button - You will see an "Add" button next to any line that has a form associated with it.
- Click the button to add that form to your return.
- Done With Form Button - After you have completed the forms, click "Done With Form" button.
- On the left side of your screen, view the list of forms completed that display you work on your tax return.
- You can click on any form in this list to re-open the form.
Tips for Tabs
- At the top of your screen, there are two tabs - one for the State Fillable Tax Forms, the other for e-filing your return.
- When you have completed all your forms, select the e-file tab to e-file your return.
How do I attach additional forms to my return?
To attach a form or schedule to your return:
- Click the "Add" button located at the line where the information from that form will go.
- Enter the information into the fillable form or schedule.
- Use the "Do the Math" button as needed.
- Click "Done with this Form" when finished.
IMPORTANT - Make sure your amounts reported on a schedule also successfully transfer to the related line on the 760 return. A form will not attach another form until there is a "link", as described in the steps above.
Click the "View / Add Forms" button located at the upper right corner and a list of all of the attached forms will display.
Are there required fields on the Fillable Forms?
Yes. You must enter your name, SSN, address, telephone number, and personal income information. If you file electronically, complete all fields on the e-File worksheet.
Should I use dashes, dollar signs, commas or text when I enter tax return information?
No. Do not use dashes, dollar signs or commas.
When should I click the "Do the Math" button?
Click "Do the Math" after you complete each section of a form, as it will do calculations for you. If you cannot enter information into a certain field, it means the field is calculated for you.
What do the different colors mean?
- Blue - calculated fields
- Green - all other fields
- Red - messages to review
Why are only some of the fields calculated for me?
Fields that can be calculated with simple math are calculated automatically for you. However, if the calculation is conditional on other information, like filing status, the field is not calculated and must be entered manually by you.
Why can't I enter information into a field?
If you're unable to enter information in a certain field, it means the field is calculated for you. Select the "Do the Math" button to run the calculations. Another possibility is that the form related to that field is not supported in State Fillable Forms.
I selected a button on one of my forms. How do I undo it?
If you select a radio button and can't "uncheck" it, double click on the selected button. This will undo what you originally selected.
I do not have to report a Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. However, I have other income to report, may I still use State Fillable Forms?
Yes, but at the screen that reads, "Step #2, e-file Your Tax Forms", skip the requirement to add a Form W-2.
Instead, mark the checkbox labeled "Check the box if you do not have any of the above forms to enter" and continue completing the return information. The "above forms" referenced in the checkbox label include W-2s and 1099s.
How do I enter information for multiple W-2s and/or 1099s?
Before you enter withholding information into the Fillable Forms, manually add multiple W-2s and 1099s together. Enter that total on either Lines 20a and/or 20b.
- On the "E-file Your Tax Forms" tab, click the Add button (located at top of the screen next to the details for entering W-2s) and a window displays.
- At the bottom of that window, click Add another Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement, so you can enter the W-2 information.
Why do I have to fill in the information for Schedule Fed and Schedule Inc?
This information is necessary so that Virginia Tax can match what you have filed on your federal return with the information provided on your state return. If your federal return included a Schedule C, C-EZ, F, form 2106, Form 2106-EZ, or Form 4562 this information is mandatory in order to e-file your return.
May I save my return and finish it later?
Yes. You will need to remember and enter your user ID and password for access your State Fillable Forms account.
I closed the "My Tax Forms" area, how do I get it back?
Select the "View / Add Forms" at the top of your screen.
What should I review on my return before I file it?
Your tax return could be rejected for incorrect or incomplete information. After you complete all the required information for electronic filing, click "Continue" and your tax return will be transmitted to Virginia Tax.
To ensure that your tax return is accepted, perform all of the following actions:
- Enter your exemptions
- Enter your standard or itemized deductions
- Calculate and enter your tax amount
- Enter your direct deposit and direct debit information accurately
- Select the correct checkbox to receive your refund (direct deposit or check)
- Enter a 5-digit numeric PIN as your electronic signature
Will I be able to view my actual return before I file it?
Yes. We encourage you to review your data before submitting your return to make certain that all information is complete and accurate. This simple precaution will help you avoid mistakes that can delay your refund or result in correspondence from Virginia Tax.
How do I know if Virginia Tax received my state return?
You will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours stating that your return was received by Virginia Tax.
What information should I retain for my records?
After you submit your return, print a copy for your records. You should retain this along with other supporting documentation (Forms W-2, 1099, and other attachments) and your username, your password, and electronic pin (signature).
Do I need to mail any other forms to Virginia Tax?
No. If you file online, you do not need to mail in forms, but you are required to keep your supporting documentation for 3 years from the due date of the return. If you choose to print and mail in the paper return, you must include all W-2 forms and any other information statements.
Can I save a copy of my return onto my computer?
Yes. To save an electronic copy, make sure your computer is set up to save your tax return in an electronic format. An example is changing your default printer to Adobe PDF, which allows you to capture (print) your return as an electronic copy. Other options exist to save an electronic copy. Review your computer set up for a method that works best for you. We also recommend keeping a printed copy in case you have computer issues later.
Corrections, Rejections & Errors
What are some tips for avoiding common errors?
- Your SSN or Employee Identification Number (EIN) contain the correct number of digits,
- You do not enter invalid characters,
- The date and telephone number fields are formatted correctly and do not contain invalid characters,
- Your email address is correct,
- The tax amount has been calculated; and
- Your deduction and exemption amounts have been calculated.
What if I enter the wrong information?
If you make an error such as entering the wrong data from a statement, delete the wrong information from the field and enter the correct information instead. If the form is no longer needed, click the "Remove This Form" button on the bottom of the Fillable Forms screen.
How do I correct an error?
You must access your State Fillable Forms account to correct any errors. The guide for "How to Resolve Errors" will also help you with the errors.
Access your account using link displayed in your "New Account Confirmation" email. This was the email sent by after you created your account. Select "Sign In / Create an Account" and enter your user ID and password.
I discovered a mistake after I e-filed. Can I get my return back?
No. Once your return is transmitted and accepted via e-File, it's the same as putting a letter in the mailbox - you can't get it back. If your return was accepted, you must file an amended return on paper to make a change. If your return was rejected, then you can make changes and resubmit your return electronically.
May I make changes after I have entered all my information?
Yes. After you have enter your information, you may go back and make corrections up until the point that you e-File the tax return. If your return is rejected during the e-file process you can log in, make the needed corrections and e-file the return again.
What do I do if I receive an email that my State Fillable Forms tax return was rejected?
It is your responsibility to enter all information completely and accurately. Before you begin, be sure to have all information you will need to complete your return. Always verify all information on your return before submitting it.
An e-filed return may be rejected for a variety of reasons. It is important to resolve the issue that caused the rejection. Once that is completed, you can then e-file again. If you can't resolve the issue or choose not to e-file, you need to print the return and file it by mail. For more information about where you should mail your Virginia state return, go to the Where to File page.
I received an email from Virginia Tax with an error code. What does the error code mean? How do I fix them?
As mentioned earlier, if your return is rejected by Virginia Tax, you will need to correct the errors and resend the return. Review the How to Resolve Errors reference guide for how information on common rejection reasons and how to solve them.
How do I fix mistakes or make changes after I've filed my return?
If you need to make changes before you e-file or print your return, review the entries on your forms and make the changes.
If you realize you made a mistake after you e-filed, you must wait until the return is either accepted or rejected by Virginia Tax.
- If the e-filed return was rejected, correct the mistakes and the reason for rejecting and then e-file again.
- If the e-filed return was accepted, file an amended paper return with corrections.
- If you mailed the return, file an amended paper return corrections.
Tax Due Payments
How do I pay a balance due tax return?
You have 3 options for paying the balance due on your Virginia state return:
1. Bank Account (Direct Debit) - if you e-file your return, fill in the required banking information on the screen. If you print and mail your return, you can use Virginia Tax's Online Services for Individuals, a free tax system that allows you to make "Web/Returns Payments" online directly from your bank account.
2. Check - mail a check directly to
Virginia Department of Taxation
P.O. Box 760
Richmond, VA 23218-0760
Printing Your Fillable Forms Return
I forgot to print my return before filed it. Can I get a copy?
As long as it's during the window that Free Fillable Forms is available (January 23 through October 22). Just return to your account and print your return.
After October 22, your account is erased from the server, and it's not possible to access your account or return information after it is erased.
What if I can't (or don't want to) file electronically? Can I just print my return and mail it in?
Yes, State Fillable Forms supports both e-filing and printing your return to mail to Virginia Tax.
Why do the forms I printed look different from the forms on the screen?
Computer generated forms often look different from what you see on the screen (and from what you may be used to seeing). These computer generated forms are designed to more efficiently process through Virginia Tax's systems. The printed version produced by State Fillable Forms can still be processed by Virginia Tax.
How to Get Help
If I have a question about a tax law or about how to fill out my tax return, what can I do?
- Refer to the Form 760 and schedule instructions.
- Call Customer Services toll-free, at 804.367.8031.
If I need help with a line number on the tax return/schedule, what should I do?
Each line of the main tax return form contains a link to any form, schedule or instructions related to that line. Click on the link for additional help. You may also refer to specific Virginia Tax instructions for the relevant form or schedule.
I e-filed my return with State Fillable Forms, but I didn't receive an acknowledgment email. Why?
Acknowledgment emails are sent within 48 hours after e-filing a return via State Fillable Forms. This email advises if the return has been accepted or rejected. If you do not see this email in your inbox, follow these steps:
- Verify you are viewing the same email account that you used to create a State Fillable Forms account.
- Review your email's spam filter to ensure that firstname.lastname@example.org is on your email safe senders list.
- If you still have not received the email after these steps, contact Customer Services at 804.367.8031.
I need help signing into / accessing my State Fillable Forms tax return. Who do I call?
Taxpayers who experience technical difficulties with State Fillable Forms can contact Virginia Tax at 804.367.8031.