Welcome to Virginia Tax's Locality web page. This site is for Commissioners of the Revenue, Treasurers, and their staff to access information that will assist in processing matters.
Process to Request IRMS Training Has Changed
As a security measure, the process for requesting IRMS training has changed. Requests for IRMS training no longer go through the IRMS Support mailbox. Instead, all such training requests must be emailed directly to TAX Security Administration at External.Entity.DocForms@tax.virginia.gov.
Review the source below for complete details.
Electronic Submission of Local Estimated Data
All Treasurers' Office are required to submit local estimated data electronically, eliminating the paper submission process. We have developed a phased-in approach where specific localities are required to convert from paper to electronic by certain dates, with everybody on board by January 1, 2017.
Review the sources below for complete details.
IRMS Systems Access and Related Information
- Employee Access (Requirements and Forms)
- IRMS Access Form
- Locked Accounts and Terminated Access--What should you do?
- Common System Problems
- Testing Requirements for Files and Data Transfers (EESMC)
- IRMS Support
Virginia Learning Center (VLC)
Individual Income Tax
- 2018 Filing Season Training
- Commissioner of the Revenue Processing Reminders for Filing Season 2018
- Treasurer Processing Reminders for Filing Season 2018
- Tax Year 2017 Individual Tax Form Changes
- Reorder Additional Tax Forms
- Domicile Questionnaire
Sales and Use Tax
- FIPS Code Lookup
- Information about Sales Tax Distribution Reports
- Locality Sales Tax Transfer Request Form and Instructions
- Assessment Forms
- S.L.E.A.C. Manual (includes Land Use Application)
- Cumulative Interest Factors - updated June 2018
- Spay Neuter Locality Summary - updated November 2017
- Power of Attorney FAQs
Local Office Administration
- Roles and Responsibilities
- MOU and Confidentiality Forms for Commissioners, Treasurers, Finance Directors, and Towns