Official Payments Card Payment Information
You can use a credit or debit card to pay a balance due on an individual income tax return, individual estimated tax, individual bills, and business tax bills.
Pay online at Official Payments, or call 1.800.2PAY.TAX (800.272.9829)
To make sure your payment is successfully posted to your account, you will need to enter:
- The Virginia Jurisdiction Code: 1080
- The type of tax:
- Business tax bills (choose Business Tax - Bills Only)
- Balance due on individual return (choose Personal Income Tax)
- Individual estimated taxes (choose Personal Income Tax - Estimated Payments)
- Individual bills (choose Notice of Assessment/ Consolidated Bill Statement)
- The bill number (if paying a bill)
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
- Your Social Security number or FEIN
The system will provide the total payment amount, including the convenience fee, and a confirmation number. Be sure to write down your confirmation number as a record of your payment.
Official Payments charges a convenience fee for this service. Use their fee calculator to see the additional charge. The fee will appear as a separate charge on your credit or debit card statement.
Credit: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover
Debit: MasterCard, Visa